Thursday, May 10, 2007

Perfect Match

Three things have I to say...

1. Thank you very much Chris for freaking us all out with your little prank, it was most amusing though Storm got VERY upset. Everyone can now take their blogs off the private mode if you wish!

2. I have a warning to anyone wishing to see the movie Because I Said So, it is awful, take my word for it. Please!

3. This is something different for a change. I thought about all the people on my friends list and came up with a word describing their character. Then I tried to find a bible verse that had that word or had the same meaning as the word I chose. So here is a verse for each of you...

Brice- Thoughtfulness
Proverbs 24:5
A wise man is strong and is better than a strong man, and a man of knowledge increases and strengthens his power;

Daniel- Perseverance
James 5:11
You know how we call those blessed who were steadfast. You have heard of the endurance of Job, and you have seen the Lord's purpose and how He richly blessed him in the end, inasmuch as the Lord is full of pity and compassion and tenderness and mercy.

Francisco- Might
Psalm 103:20
Bless the Lord, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His commandments, hearkening to the voice of His word.

Katy- Tenderness
Ephesians 4:32
And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Krista- Diligence
Hebrews 6:11
But we do desire for each of you to show the same diligence and sincerity in realizing and enjoying the full assurance and development of your hope until the end,

Laura- Sweetness
Proverbs 27:9
Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart.

Mama Lily- Love
Psalm 119:165
Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.

Matt- Jubilant
Psalm 68:3
But the righteous shall be glad;they shall exult before God;they shall be jubilant with joy!

"Uncle" Nathan- Happiness
1 Kings 10:8
Happy are your men! Happy are these your servants who stand continually before you, hearing your wisdom! (he gets the double whammy!!!)

"Aunt" Rachel- Kindness
Psalm 18:25
With the kind and merciful You will show Yourself kind and merciful, with an upright man You will show Yourself upright, (I did not do this on purpose...)

Shagga Bear- Compassion
Psalm 112:4
Light arises in the darkness for the upright, gracious, compassionate, and just.

Storm- Boldness
Proverbs 28:1
The wicked flee when no man pursues them, but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Sylvia- Passion
Psalm 119:48
My hands also will I lift up [in fervent supplication] to Your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on Your statutes.

Tyler- Willingness
1 Chronicles 29:9
Then the people rejoiced because these had given willingly, for with a whole and blameless heart they had offered freely to the Lord. King David also rejoiced greatly.

"Uncle" William (Youth Pastor)- Gracious
Psalm 119:58
I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise.


THAT TOOK ME FOREVER, but it was WORTH IT!

6 comments:

Karen said...

That is so sweet, and so encouraging. What a blessing you are. Even though Belle doesn't have a blog, I wonder what you would say about her??

baritone_dude2009 said...

you know i almost couldnt find my self so i was about ready to get mad at you but then troublemaker over here...(chris) found me

Sandman said...

boldness, really? thanks.

~Storm Conney~

Billy said...

That was AWESOME! I know that took a lot of effort. We all need the encouragement. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

how sweet! Thank you.

Nathan said...

Wow you pretty much nailed it. I appreciated getting the double whammy (I always knew I was special).