Saturday, April 21, 2007

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper

I have said, for a while, that I wanted to major in History for my under-graduate degree and then move straight onto Library-Science and get a graduate degree. WELL, I think God is changing my mind.

I have had this thing in the back of my head for a while saying "Your trying to plan your own future, but I have something else in mind for you, let me show you." About a month ago I gave God control of my ENTIRE future, including my choice of job, parenthood, etc. and since then I have just felt a little nudging here and there bringing up questions like "Do I really want to watch the Library system change right before my eyes into a technological zoo?" and "Is this REALLY what God wants for me or is it just what I want?"

I have long believed that I did not want to do ANYTHING with Science (as far as physical science or studies of human functions) or Math but now I realise, God could be leading me into a direction that I thought I might never enjoy but in fact would LOVE. Through this, I believe God might be moving me in the direction of a Psychology major and a career in Counseling. I need you all to pray for God's guidance on where I should go and what my major should be when I begin my first semester in the Fall of 2008 (it's scary how close that is when you think about it).

4 comments:

K. West said...

It is scarier when your first semester of college starts in fall of 2007. It is awesome that you are submitting your future to God and are willing to change your plans to follow Him. I changed my mind several times because I was convinced that I wanted to do something in the medical field. Now my major is political science, which is at a totally different end of the spectrum, but I finally feel confident in the choice that I have made because I submitted to God. Psycology sounds like an interesting major. I will be praying for you.

Karen said...

Keep your eyes on Him, and He will direct you! There is a huge need for Christian counseling...from a Biblical perspective! I'm praying for you.

AmericasNextFreak said...

Psycologist?! REALLY?!!

...hmm, now that i think about it... well, actually, i don't really know, i'm rambling, haha. But I still will support you in anything sis!

Sandman said...

I think everything will turn out well, I mean that things turn out "right" when you let God have control. I will keep you in my prayers, and I just want to state that I could picture you as being a psychologist.

-Storm-