Friday, March 16, 2007

Differing Denominations

A little birdy (who, by the way hasn't updated YET) told me I should make a new post. So, lately I've been thinking about different denominations. Oh NO you might think but really, I've got a topic to get out of my mind and onto paper (well not "paper" but you know what I mean...)

This topic concerns different denominations in Christianity. All of my life this has been a BIG deal, or at least it seemed. I'm not ashamed to say that I grew up Baptist, but now that I've started to think for myself and began to plan my future with God, I keep wondering... WHAT IS THE DEAL? Just because a person is Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, etc. doesn't mean that they are drastically different, it just means that they might have different ways of worshipping. I've been referring to myself as a Methodist for some time now (My family recently switched its home church) but I realise, it really shouldn't matter. I want people to accept me FOR believing in God not HOW I worship or in what type of building. In reality, God just wants us to worship him, it doesn't matter if we recite prayers or break out the tambourines, he is STILL with us. If a person should come up to a non-believer and say that they are a Baptist, (most preconceived notions are that this specific denomination is VERY strict) then they will most likely shy away. However, if you come up to them and are truly genuine with them as a Christian, without throwing your denomination in their face, they're more likely to actually listen to what you're trying to say. Therefore, I've decided to break my image as a Baptist or a Methodist and simply be a CHRISTIAN serving God as best I can from day to day, because that is REALLY what it's all about. I hope this made sense to you all and I am open to QCC (Questions, Comments, or Concerns for those who aren't in Mr. Lucas' math class hehe).

P.S. Its supposed to warm back up to 50 ON WEDNSDAY AND ACTUALLY STAY THAT WAY FOR MORE THAN TWO DAYS!!! WHOPEE

4 comments:

piano boy said...

I like it, this is what my dads been teaching for years know. Way to get it! And hail to the warm weather.

Sandman said...

I agree, I'm Roman Catholic, but thats just a name. I think that you have a pretty good idea of whats going on, I'm still a little bit lost but I guess that happens.

-Storm-

K. West said...

Good post. I totally agree with you. It should be about serving God and doing what He says to do, not just following traditions.

Anonymous said...

You are right. It doesn't matter how we worship. Awesome thoughts.


Jordan